2. Client Portal
This section describes the client portal. The text of the client portal can be adapted and localized by a PM with admin privileges. The client portal consists of the following sections – Following the menu items from left to right:
The Home page shows a welcome message. Typically, this is the page a client contact sees when he/she first logs in.
In order to request a quote, a client needs to enter the following information (items with a * are required):
- * Project name – An arbitrary name by which the project can be identified
- Your reference – An arbitrary string which will appear on quotes, order confirmations and invoices
- * Source language – Source languages from recent projects are shown at the top of the list
- * Target languages – Target languages from recent projects are shown at the top of the list
- Additional information – In this space, the client can enter specific instructions, if any
- File(s) to be translated – Multiple files can be uploaded at once.
If all required fields are filled and the client clicks Submit, a draft projects will be set up and will appear in the table Draft Projects on the PM dashboard (if configured). An email notification will be sent to the Reply Email Address for Projects, set in the Company Settings page in the PM portal. If a default PM / account manager is configured for the client, he/she will also receive this email notification.
Current Projects and Quotes
This page shows a table with projects that are either in progress. The table has the following columns:
- ID – The project's unique ID number
- Project – The project's name
- WOs – The number of work orders in the project
- Reference – The client's reference for the project
- Ordered By – The client contact associated with the project
- Start – The creation date of the project
- Deadline – The deadline of the project
- Amount – The total of the client amounts of all work orders in the project whose client status is not Draft, Rejected or Cancelled, in the project currency (typically this will be the client's currency)
- Status – One of the following:
- Needs approval – The project contains at least one work order with client status Quoted and the projects quote validity has not expired or has not been set
- Quote expired – A quote was issued but not approved by the quote expiration date
- In progress – The project contains at least one Quoted, Confirmed or Delivered work order
- PM – The project manager's initials. Hovering the mouse over the initials shows the PM's full name in a tooltip.
This page shows a table with projects where all work orders are Invoiceable, Invoiced or Cancelled, but with at least one work order Invoiceable or Invoiced. The table is identical to the table on the previous page, except that the status can be Invoiceable, Invoiced, or both for projects with both Invoiceable and Invoiced work orders.
This page shows the client's information as it is stored in the database, as well as the information of all client contacts associated with the client.
This page displays the translation company's contact information. If an account manager is set for the client, his or her name and contact info are also visible, as well as a picture, if a picture link is saved in the system.
This page contains up to four sections, all of which are completely customizable. The four sections are:
- Client-Specific Information – Information that the translation company wants to share with this client specifically
- Client-specific files – Files that the translation company wants to share with this client specifically
- General Information – Information that is visible to all clients
- General files – Files that are visible to, and can be downloaded by, all clients